BSTDB active portfolio in Albania consists of eight approved operations for the total amount of EUR 63,6 million (end 2011). The portfolio is well diversified and includes investment in telecommunications, steel production and health (Albtelecom, Kurum International and Hygeia hospital). In 2010 BSTDB invested in Albanian government bonds worth EUR 10 million.
During the 2011-14 period, the Bank will increase its investment exposure in Albania and plans to lend over EUR 50 million to Albanian companies and other entities. Bank lending is demand driven and is expected to focus on trade related activities, the development of infrastructure and energy efficiency. BSTDB also seeks to expand its support to Albanian SMEs by providing special credit lines through Albanian financial institutions. The Bank collaborates closely and co-finances operations with other international financial institutions and large national and international private investors.
|Currency:||Albanian lek (ALL)|
At a Glance
04 Mar 2013 - BSTDB and IIB Discuss Closer Cooperation
21 Feb 2013 - BSTDB Supports Trade Finance Operations in Turkey
- Annual Report 2011
- Semi-Annual Financial Statements for 2012
- Doing Business with BSTDB
- Supporting Small and Medium-Sized Business in the Black Sea Region
- Country Strategy 2011-2014 Albania
- BSTDB Business Presentation for Albania 2011: financing economic development
- BSTDB Business Presentation for Albania 2011: observer status
- BSTDB Business Presentation for Albania 2011: financial sector products
- BSTDB Business Presentation for Albania 2011: project finance
More key documents